Thursday, June 01, 2006

Feelin' good....

Today is a good day. Well, a good night really. We had my mom and dad over for supper and I made a pretty good supper.
I made caesar salad, garlic toast, corn on the cob, potatoes with onions, butter, salt and pepper cooked in tin foil, and shish kabobs. I used chicken breast, onions, mushrooms, and green peppers and I marinated them in a lemon, garlic, and herb marinade. They tasted so good.
Mom and dad thought we invited them over because we had an announcement for them, like I was pregnant or something. No way. We just wanted to thank them for keeping Buddy while we were gone at Gabe's grandpa.
Another reason for the good day, we have one of our credit cards completely paid off. There were two months last summer, after Gabe finished school. Gabe wasn't working and his grandma passed away. We were in a total bind. He needed a new suit, I needed a new outfit. It cost us a lot of money. And we had to use our credit cards to pay for it all. While we haven't used them since, we are still paying them off! One is completely done, and the other one is very close to being done. It feels really good.
I should have taken a picture or the supper. I keep on forgetting I have a digital camera now!
Also, today Gabe got a $2 raise without asking. It is a good day!

4 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

I'll say that was a good day!

10:18 p.m.  
Blogger Renee said...

Hey congrats on paying off one of your credit cards that a huge accomplishment! And how awesome that he got a raise with out asking or expecting it I love when God blesses us for being faithful to him! your awesome!

8:58 p.m.  
Blogger Staci said...

I have one card to pay off too... its such a burden. It will take me about a year to do it...

8:02 p.m.  
Blogger Staci said...

Sarah,
How do I store the left over Saucy Fudge Pudding Cake ? In the fridge or is it okay covered and left out? I am making this right now, so I will need to know tonight!!! Thanks!!

8:04 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home