Tuesday, July 18, 2006

This is not for the weak of stomach

To answer Crystal's question, "What are saskatoon berries?" I am providing this answer.

The saskatoon is a fruit bearing shrub native to the southern Yukon and Northwest Territories, the Canadian prairies and the northern plains of the United States. It is extremely adaptable and grows under a wide range of environmental conditions. Saskatoon berries were originally used as a major food source by the native people and early settlers of the North American prairies and, until recently, could be picked only in the wild.

No, they are not like blueberries, they are like saskatoon's. I don't know how else to explain it. We have a lot of blueberries here too. In fact, we are located just 20 minutes away from Canada's only "Blueberry Festival" Saskatoon's are pretty famous as well. The city beside where Gabe grew up is named after the berry, Saskatoon.

Now, for the part of which I started this blog. This is the part that you only dare to enter if you have a tough stomach.

Apparently, my baby does not like saskatoon's. I awoke this morning, hungry for the berries and thinking about the large bag I had in my fridge. I went and got myself a large bowl and I ate the whole bowl. (A large soup bowl size.) Anyway, I started thinking, "I think I am still hungry" and I suddenly projectile vomited across my (carpeted) living room floor. I ran to the bathroom and made it to the sink, where I vomited four more times. I at last made it to the toilet, and proceeded to vomit another four more times. I thought I had all the saskatoon's out, when in five more minutes, I was back at the toilet. I vomited eight more times. I now feel completely fine.

The most bizarre part--I feel like going and eating more saskatoon's. I am not grossed out at all by them. The only thing that grosses me out is the giant purple stain on my beige carpet.

I apologize to everyone who I have made sick by reading this. Remember, I warned you.

2 Comments:

Blogger ~Crystal~ said...

Thanks for the lesson on saskatoon's.

Well, did you eat anymore of them?

12:55 a.m.  
Blogger Mel said...

morning sickness sucks but I just read something last week that said it was good for the baby because it protects the baby from certain chemicals....so throwing up is a good thing :)

12:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home