Monday, July 10, 2006

My Grandma

This weekend, we went to go see my grandma in the hospital. She will be 86 in 3 days. Mother of eleven; eight boys and three girls. Grandmother of twenty-nine, Great-Grandmother of twenty. (2 of those are in utero!)

She has a cancerous growth in her colon that is the size of 2 grapefruits. She has a leaky valve in her heart and pulmonary fibrosis, her doctor gives her 8 weeks to live at maximum.

She is in great spirits, exclaiming that she has not missed a thing in life.

My grandma is an amazing woman who has so much strength and so much faith. She has left such a legacy that all of her family is so proud to follow. It is no wonder that all of us are who we are today, because of her. My grandmother is the most amazing woman I have ever met.

We are so fortunate to know that her time is ending. It is so awesome that we will not have any regrets, any "I should haves". We are able to go spend the time with her to tell her that we love her and to soak in as much of her as we can.

I love my grandma so much and I am going to miss her so badly.



This is a picture of my Grandma and baby Serena. She hates getting her picture taken, but she let me because she was holding Serena. I am so happy I got these pictures for my brother.

Please take a minute to say a prayer for my grandma and my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home